What is PyDev?
PyDev is a Python IDE for Eclipse, which may be used in Python, Jython and IronPython development.
It comes with many goodies such as:
For more details on the provided features, check the Features Matrix.
First time users are strongly advised to read the Getting started guide which explains how to properly configure PyDev.
The recommended way of using PyDev is bundled in LiClipse, which provides PyDev builtin as well as
LiClipse you directly support the development of PyDev).
If you'd like to analyze the performance of your programs, check PyVmMonitor.
- The debug view now has an interactive console (with history) attached to it by default (which may be toggled on/off). (PyDev-507)
- Debugger no longer reopens a file when that file is already opened. (PyDev-456)
- Handled issue when getting referrers for some object gave an error if it was found in a dict where the key is not a string.
- When interactive console starts in debug session, a banner is no longer shown.
- Stepping with #@DontTrace no longer returns through decorator call-site. (PyDev-526)
- The default for tracing template render exceptions on Django is now false.
- F2 to send contents from editor to console now considers backslash continuations. (PyDev-502)
- Interactive Console interrupt now properly interrupts a sleep call (when possible). (PyDev-500)
- PyDev interactive console now has a user-specified encoding (by default UTF-8). (PyDev-454)
- Scroll the console on stdout / stderr output. (PyDev-504, patch by James Blackburn)
- Moved interactive console initial commands to a separate preferences page.
- Handling interrupted system call EINTR in the pydevconsole.py. (PyDev-534)
- Fixed racing condition where the output of the console could appear as a user input. (PyDev-490, patch by James Blackburn)
- Fixed issue where indentation lost on rename module refactoring. (PyDev-498)
- The rename modules refactoring wizard now provides a way to do a simple resource rename (to rename extensions).
- Converting filename from .pyx to .py doesn't loose indexing on the file anymore. (PyDev-525)
- The Cython parser now properly scopes methods.
- Pasting contents directly in the PyDev package explorer to create a file uses the proper delimiter.
- Fixed deadlock in ImageCache when rendering debug completions from console. (PyDev-527)
- Fixed deadlock on racing condition when rendering PyTextHover. (PyDev-523)
- Tab settings were separated from the editor color settings and may now be persisted in the project/user settings.
- Fixed surround with try..finally/except indentation on Ctrl+1 when some line has a comment which has a different indentation.
- PyDev preferences may now be saved and persisted for each project or in the user settings (not just in the workspace).
- Currently Save actions, Code Formatter, Typing and Imports are supported (more to come in upcoming releases).
- The same pages in the preferences are used to save settings to (multiple) projects or user settings.
- Configuration files are saved in Yaml format and are meant to be saved in version control.
- The option to apply auto-formating was changed to apply any save actions in non-workspace files.
- Editor icon improved for dark theme (patch by Fathony Luthfillah).
- When running the pep8 code analysis, the markers shown are no longer 1 character off.
- Improved Django 1.7 support (patch by David Lehrian).
- Integration with PyVmMonitor: http://pyvmmonitor.com/
- A profiling view was created where the location of PyVmMonitor should be specified.
- Just turning the option on will make all runs from that point on run with the selected profile backend enabled.
- Connecting to subprocesses working in Python 3.4.
- Attach to running process is now supported on Mac OS.
- Unset VIRTUAL_ENV before running external Python to protect the sys.path (patch by James Blackburn).
- pytest: Expected failure is no longer marked as a failure.
- pytest: The working dir is changed so that conftests are loaded properly (to workaround issue in pytest: https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/pytest/issue/639/conftest-being-loaded-twice-giving).
- Fixed issue where an unused import would not be properly removed if it was not a from import.
- Fixed exception when drawing minimap overview ruler.